Accipiter Radar, located in the Niagara Region of Ontario, has an opening for a Software Development Lead within its development team. This position offers an opportunity for a highly motivated professional to collaborate with a team of designers, marketers, engineers and developers using cutting-edge technologies to support customers making a difference in protecting people, property and the environment.
The ideal candidate will hold a degree from an accredited college/university in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a similar program. Experience will include a proven 10+ year technical track record with at least 5 years in a senior or lead role within a software team.
• Experience with team-based software development (analyzing functional requirements, architecture definition, estimating and tracking work, following defined development processes)
• Experience with an agile software development lifecycle including best-practices in software development and testing
• Advanced skills in communicating with, mentoring and leading other software development professionals
• Solid technical writing and presentation skills.
• Excellent programming skills, including knowledge of and proficiency in C, C++, Go, Perl, Python, PHP or other scripting languages
• Demonstrated experience with SQL and database programming
• Familiarity with network programming, messaging and distributed web applications
• Knowledge of GIS, including geo-referenced data and web-based geospatial visualization
• Knowledge of big data analytics and data warehousing concepts
• Experience developing applications in various OS environments, including Linux and Microsoft C++ and .NET technologies.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated with a positive, professional approach and will have exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION YOU CONFIRM YOU ARE A CANADIAN CITIZEN AND QUALIFY FOR PERSONNEL SECURITY CLEARANCE