Accipiter Radar, located in Fenwick, seeks a self-motivated individual to join its IT Department. The position includes researching and identifying software solutions to meet requirements, automating processes, and maintaining computer server systems.
Other responsibilities will include working with the IT Manager to install, configure and maintain computer hardware and software including servers, workstations, other related equipment along with associated OS and application software.
• Take a leadership role in IT resource planning
• Maintain ERP, CRM, Content Management, help-desk systems and other office groupware
• Server and Database backup and disaster recovery processes
• Prepare technical documentation, IT policies & procedures, records, manuals and recovery plans.
• Hardware/Software support for local and remote users
• Provide software training to local and remote users
• Relevant College/University/Industry diploma/degree/certifications with a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
• Extensive knowledge of networking (LAN, WAN, Firewalls)
• Sound knowledge of Linux OS
• Expertise in Windows and Microsoft software, including MS Office, Exchange
• Expertise in hardware maintenance including Servers, Workstation, Printers
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
Assets - knowledge of the following will be an asset:
• Virtualization environment.
• SAN, NAS, or other data storage servers
• SQL databases maintenance and backup running on Linux servers
• Open VPN server maintenance
• VOIP PBXs servers
• Proficiency in installation, configuration and maintenance of Linux-based software applications
The successful candidate will be highly motivated with a positive, professional approach and will have exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION YOU CONFIRM YOU ARE A CANADIAN CITIZEN AND QUALIFY FOR PERSONNEL SECURITY CLEARANCE