Application Developer | Mississauga ON
At Prolucid, we look for more than just talented developers. We look for those developers that like software as much as we do. We hire interesting people that bring unique skills to our growing team, who take challenges and turn them into opportunities, and most importantly, we hire curious developers that never stop learning.
As a Prolucid Software Developer:
You will have the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects in a variety of regulated and advanced manufacturing industries. Our versatile team is currently working on real-world applications such as a Functional Electrical Stimulation System for stroke and spinal cord injury rehabilitation, a Nuclear Reactor Fuel Channel Inspection System, a Subsea Automatic Vision Inspection Application for Offshore Oil Platforms and a High Precision Semiconductor Alignment Station. As a core member of our development team, you will:
- Contribute toward next generation frameworks. Prolucid employees deliver a variety of projects every year which provide opportunities to quickly iterate on frameworks and core technology development to help our teams deliver.
- See if the CAP theorem is all it’s made out to be.
- Work on a range of platforms - from bare metal and fog networks of RTOSes, to Linux, Windows and the cloud.
The skills & qualities we’re looking for:
- You have an in-depth understanding of design principles and design patterns (and you know when not to overdo it).
- You prefer a working software and practice TDD, know when to judiciously apply refactoring and rely on continuous integration to achieve it.
- You have built a few complex systems from the ground up in C/C++, C#, a modern scripting language and perhaps NotOnlySQL (some of them are still alive and kicking).
- You like to experiment with new languages, tools, and libraries, applying your new knowledge to your everyday work. You enjoy sharing what you know over a lunch and learn.
- You have strong communication skills (all Prolucid roles are customer-facing).
Bonus points for:
- Degree in Software Engineering or related technical field.
- Familiarity with functional languages and paradigms.
- FOSS, StackOverflow or any other contributions (Have you worked on any side projects lately? Show us!)
Interested? Contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org